Haunted Short Story Attic
PROLIFIC Author and Artist… Astrologer & Adventurer… Founder of 'The Cosmic Church!' He is: Ed Augusts P.O. Box 18475 * Tucson, Arizona 85731-18475 (520) 305-8768 <—- mystified, tormented author of spooky stories —Ed Augusts circa 1978
Stories Are Just
GHOST STORIES …Creepy Critters… INNOCENTS IN PERIL … From MEMOIRTo FANTASY ... Weird Aliens … Psychological Terror! NEVADA, ARIZONA, & California Stories … Time Travel & Dimensional Stories … & More! MIND-PONDERING, PULSE-POUNDING, OFTEN BIZARRE, STORIES for YOU! Enjoy Yourself & Delight Friends with 1 or More Scary, Squishy, Sensuous, Scintillating Stories! ______________________________________________________ Hello! Here are some of the short stories that I've written.. I have individual stories available. You may purchase them as you wish. Any individual story is $2.00. FOLLOW the CHECK-OUT PROCEDURE WHEN YOU 'CLICK' ON ANY OF THE STORIES BELOW! We will get an e-mail from Pay Pal confirming your purchase & send you your story or stories via .pdf file or files to the e-mail address you've given us. By the Way, like all my products and services, I GUARANTEE my stories… if you find you don't like a story, let me know! I will send you another story! WARNING! Some Stories, although drawn from the realm of fantasy, are of an Explicit Nature, should NOT be read by children, and May Be Offensive To Certain People Out There – But I Hope, Not You! Don't be scared! I'm not! ———Ed
illustrations below are decorative & may have nothing to do with that particular story
1. Two Moonlit Alleyways 30+ KB. (26 pgs). Certain unnamed alleyways in certain cities are more interesting than the so-called 'real streets' that the homes front upon and where the traffic moves. But alleys can be gentle, beautiful and mystical places, where elfin pixie-like creatures dart around… especially at night. But in another city, a city that's under "different vibrations", an alleyway can be a place of danger and death! Come with the narrator of this story as one type of alley leads him to HAVE to go to the other — to settle a grievous wrong!…………………………..
2. Spectral Smoke 11.9 KB It comes down to whether he could smell real smoke in the air, or if this was a memory, a figment of his imagination, or another ghostly apparition! (True story that took place in a haunted house, just outside Las Vegas!)
3. I Was Never Alone in the Dark 24.4 KB Children who are raised alone, in outlying areas, such as out in the woods, without playmates, will often think they 'see things', even monsters! But most of the time what they think they see, what their parents don't believe, is really, really there! (True story!)
5. All Linked-Up With Hell 43 KB. He sent e-mails, he sent FAXES, he called people on the phone. But this last phone list he'd been given was so old, he couldn't get anybody on the list, no matter how hard he tried. Then he realized too late, he'd been trying to contact dead people, again and again and again! Now…. who was that at the door?
6. She Returns By Night To The Occult Shop 27.3 KB Sometimes the 'vibes' of a particular place are somehow overwhelming and draw us back, again and again. But this return visit at a late hour wasn't the visit with old friends she first thought it was! Based on a true Bay Area experience.
7. Two Santa Clara Cemetery Stories 42.0 KB There is an old Catholic cemetery, where one had best not be walking, not even on the city street outside, on Halloween night! A mile away, a Presbyterian cemetery, where some thugs, some Goths, vandalize the headstones… at their own peril!
8. Family Beach Story 36.7 KB The boy is in that restless, excited place which lies in the summer between the end of High School and his first year in College. But at this beach near Santa Cruz, he encounters a mother and her children who are on a seemingly unavoidable collision course with death. I want you to know, gentle reader, I do not have graphic violence. mayhem, removal of body organs, etc., of the kind seen in the MOST horrific fiction these days… . Don't worry about that! I'm from the Pussycat School of Fiction. But folks do get killed or mutilated
9. 'Superfly' Heminway's Bad Day 20.9 KB The inventive young man, (that's Heminway, thank you!) decides to do a very special project for his Biology class… But is he wise to feed some of the blood of his little sister to the quickly-developing creatures he is selectively breeding in that big glass aquarium, over there ('Heminway' is not a typo, damnit! I KNOW how to spell 'Hemingway". I decided to name this character 'Heminway.' Can you live with that and stop making obscene Italian gestures at me? Thank You!)
10. Perfect Little Childhood in the Woods 86.1 KB Why wouldn't a kid who grew up in an orchard, far from town, to all appearances, protected ans safe, have the 'perfect childhood'? What could ever go wrong for a kid like that! Ha, ha, ha, ha!
11. Santa Clara Santa Claus 9.71 KB The man who knocked on the door looking for a meal was dressed a little like Santa, and had Santa's cap and beard. But there was something fiendish about his eyes. The young boy didn't want to let him in. When the man barged in anyway, the boy took of running, hoping for a miracle! There was a man with one arm, and horribly piercing eyes, who came by every month to pick up Church contributions. He frightened me more than the ghosts upstairs. I shoulda written a story about him!
12. Honeysuckle, Hyacinth & Emerald 13.4 KB The girl was much too young to be walking around in the evening wearing black nylon stockings that showed the dark tops and garter straps, but then again, it was Halloween, and this was on the lower slopes of Nob Hill in San Francisco. Soon a man was following from a respectful distance, but getting closer, closer, …as he followed her home, right up the slope of Nob Hill! Did she have ANY IDEA what she was doing? Somewhere in this world, I think people are really doing this, and for the miscreant guys —- whatta way to go — straight down!
13. Traveling Away & Away in Time 32.4 KB The man helped invent Time Travel! And the first place he wished to return to, was a moment when he had power to live, or die; when the car stopped and the beautiful young lady tried to get him to get into the car "to take him to a party". Now… he HAD to return, to get to make that choice once more! Sci-Fi meets the darkest primordial psychological desires. This story gives ME the creeps, but also gives me a rise, because I'm the boy who lived through its major elements.
14. Heads Up! 15.8 KB The man was older, but sophisticated and smooth-sounding. The girl said she was 18 but lied. She agreed to meet him and then go back with him to his house. She liked his car, and got in! She would probably soon regret her decision! Okay, it's true! He wants 'head' in the worst way…. Hers! (Have I said too much?)
15. Women And Children First! 28.0 KB Someone on the Cruise Ship had just been placed under a very powerful, fast-acting spell or curse! Did this mean everyone of the thousand people on board were now at risk of something awful happening to them? Trick ending brings us to another trick ending. Seldom have so many disappeared or perished, including zillions of girl scouts!
16. Thank You, the Ammonite Was Delicious! 15.0 KB+-. The author finds that posting an article about time travel that would be archived on Google for the next 300 years, thus placing it in the hands of future humans who are seriously planning time travel, brings about a surprising visit… by those very same time travelers! Unless it's all some kind of big cosmic joke! I'm STILL not sure, because the Ammonite in question — or something just like it — returned -- in real life — a few years later — with $3,000 for me. I have not been able to work that up into a story yet, but you can believe me when I say : it tends to PROVE that Time Travel may exist. Someone IN THE FUTURE is reading my stories!
17. A Thought in the Mind of God 11.8 KB The post-apocalyptic Amazon queen who dominates all her woman warriors learns to have more respect for the imperfectly understood, undeniably powerful, almighty forces of the universe. Just a short-short, but a GEM.
18. AXminster, CHerry or CYpress? 11.6 KB There are 3 old telephone prefixes from the 1950's and early '60's What else was happening with the kids who made their first phone calls to buddies and beaus at prefixes like these? Aw! One iof my absolutely "G" rated stories!
19. In The Beauty of Stained Glass 10.5 KB The old church had been built generations ago. Its stained glass windows of forlorn looking angels with crossed wings were dedicated to those who had passed on , ages earlier. Soon, the church would be nothing but a wreck!
20. The Mystery of the Pipes of Pan, 14.2 KB The Great God Pan has come back, that is, if he ever disappeared! And the Pipes this fat little horned one is playing, if you get a chance to look at them carefully, have not only an ancient, but a cosmic, purpose! For years I had a statue of Pan in my store. It scared the wits out of some visitors. No wonder my stores all went out of business
21. My Little Yellow-Green Alien Friend 5.76 KB In the middle of saving the life of this creature and carefully carrying him home to a safe place, the idea occurred to me — isn't this exactly what an alien life force from another planet would MAKE me do, through "brain waves" or other advanced techniques? (True story!)
22. Slow-Moving Banda-Aceh Nightmare 5.23 KB This is a moment-by-moment description of sheer terror and near-complete destruction, such that it hardly seems fit to occur on a planet other than maybe some saltmine or penal colony floating in space… or maybe just a place which is cursed! Well, if you saw it, you wouldn't believe it. And if you didn't see it, you wouldn't believe it at all! What kind of planet has things like this happen, anyway? Should we be looking for a better place?
23. The Ladder Between Grief & Joy, 11.8 KB Life is full of regrets, but at least we tried, and we keep trying. Unless we give up! No, don't give up! There is a ladder that Jacob saw. There is also a golden ladder my mother saw, as she lay on what would be her death bed.
26. The Pelican Bay Disaster. 38.5 KB What if a disaster is about to take place, and the staff members evacuate. And then the inmates get out. But the 'disaster' — wasn't even? And what you DO get is a countryside crawling with dangerous felons..…………………………………
27. Summer Jaunt in Henderson, 14.6 KB A trip to the casino has its comic moments when food goes flying as the nice elderly African-American ladies from the Church unexpectedly clash with the Mexican families and their legion of children.
28. Certain Aspects of the Vegas-to-Phoenix Highway. 10.0 +- KB This is a warped travelogue as it sees things along the highway which takes the diagonal route… Laughlin to Kingman to Noplace to Wickenburg to Phoenix, that maybe very few others have seen, and yet they really ARE there, right now, for all to see… are we flirting with another dimension of travel?
29. The Eyes of the Beast. 37.7 KB What was it that REALLY kept Las Vegas making money, hand over fist, from millions of visitors every year? Why DID they come back again and again, even if they'd "lost their shirts?" It was something alive, something out of an ancient fable, locked in the basement vault of one of the greatest of the Strip's casinos! [Great VEGAS story with lots of local color, a splash of big gambling money, and an awesome beast! One reader, after reading this, was impressed enough that she sent me a "Dragon Castle Fountain" It looked too, too 'occult' so I eventually sold it.
30. Invisible Residents, Indeed! 18.4 KB A discussion group meets at the library regarding Ivan Sanderson's "Invisible Residents", a tale about possible alien life forms living at the bottom of our oceans. Each in the group has a story. Together, they realize it was not mere coincidence that prompted their attending this meeting! The idea of aliens at the bottom of the sea is VERY creepy, isn't it?].. …………….. …
31. The Golden Touch 34.5 KB. Everything he touches ever since he came to town, turns to gold, but then he makes the mistake of going outside the city limits, to find gold itself. .. Ouch! What a bad mistake! And, lest anyone forget… the summer sun takes its toll in Arizona…golden touch or not! This is a weird "don't give a sh*t" kind of tale, containing some of the worst elements of the Valley of the Sun — and beyond!
32. More Than Enough Critters 34.7 KB Just off the main road out of Vegas, with new subdivisions starting to cluster around, is a half-research lab, half-exotic insects and arthropods trading post. Little does its owner know a disgruntled employee is going to let loose so many bugs, you'd think they'd crawled up suddenly from Hell!
33. Doctor Klezmer's Theories 126 KB The good doctor and his theories are only available in the Second Reality, you have to cross a sudden threshhold to get there! But what happens in the Third Reality, is anybody's guess, yet go there, they must! Lots of ongoing action and suspense within a time travel plot in this feature-film length story! [a novella] I don't know what I was thinking when I wrote this rock-banging story that visits the disreputable trench which is the Salt River as it appears. dry as a bone, when it cuts through industrial South Phoenix in the summer… I don't take drugs, but something — ah yes, 12 days of 115+ temperatures, that's what it was that put my head in the space that I could write 'Dr. Klzzmer's Theories!'
34. Ghosts in the Glass. 27.6 KB The gambler has lost and doesn't have a ride, not even busfare. It is about 110 degrees outside. He has to walk two miles to get home. Along the way, he discovers that when he touches those bright little pieces of broken glass, he sees pictures in his mind that can take him back to crimes of violence and murder. [Future screenplay about a loser who has no idea he's psychic until touching objects he finds by the side of the road, shows he has the gift of psychometry, and can use it to save lives and catch crooks!
35. Holy Family Storage. 26.5 KB In a future world in which the Vatican seems to rule the world, the power Jesuit center at Santa Clara University maintains a fortress-like storage facility in which strange things seem to be going on. Do not be offended, Oh Devout One! I grew up in Santa Clara and every morning I'd hear the pleasant chimes from the Carmelite Monastery in the distance, soon followed by screams… just kidding…
36. The Large & The Small of It. 15+- KB. Is it my imagination, or is the 'image aspect' of various local dimensions taking on a new appearance? What happens when a house goes horribly, horribly wrong… Instead of feeling the walls were closing in on him it was almost as if the opposite was taking place. Maybe earth and every thing on it were suddenly expanding! All he knew for sure, was, it was now twice as far to get across his room! And getting farther!
37. Dangerous Night on Lake Mead. 20.0 KB There can be something supernatural late at night on a stretch of road where many a Vegas 'loser' has crapped-out and died. Late at night, the people in the bus shelters in the lonely stretches of road just outside Las Vegas often look like ghosts, and as you walk by, if you're unlucky that night, they may get up and decide to follow you home.
38. Plane, Train & Car Rides. (About 25 pgs) Transportation fanatics! Here's your tonic… Story after anecdotal story, cliff-hanging danger to wacky humor, about various 'trips', both short & long! What is travel all about, anyway? A Master Travelogue! Pick your favorite way to travel, …and dig in!
39. Karen's Beautiful Fire Opals. (About 10 pages) Two people at the Pyramids, outside Mexico City, are offered a large bottle of semi-precious gems. (He was wrong, they're not garnets! They're Fire opals!) Now! To get them safely home… Or is home where the hypnotic fire opals are? And is it true? Is there such a thing as lucky or unlucky gemstones?
40. The Sacred Red Stone of Ganesha. (About 25 pages) Annabelle Green, of the Santa Cruz Mountains, is really the White Witch. But that's just a name. Her deeds and intentions are not all that 'white', not when she desires the curious, magical Red Stone of Ganesha. I love India and the mysteries and mysticism of Hinduism; I did not mean in any way for this story to offend ANY Indians!
41. Any Port in a Storm. The strange bearded 'bookman' was also a coffin maker! What an odd combination. No-one thought it would come to any good… until a Gulf Hurricane, that is! Strange how I write about tsunamis before the monster tsunami of the century — or millennium — and about earthquakes just before earthquaks — and HURRICANES maybe a year before a huge hurricane levels the very area I was writing about…. =Sigh!= The gift of sight… I should slap myself silly for visions like that!
ALL STORIES ABOVE are by Ed Augusts * All Contents © 2011 by Ed Augusts. Order Instructions are in the Top Paragraph : "Stories for You!"
Want some good website design work?
Want to spiff-up your site with WordPress or another cutting-edge system?
SUN WEB GOT ME SET-UP ON THIS SITE SO WELL
THAT NOW I DO ALL MY OWN UPDATES
Where your first consultation is F R E E!
All Contents on these pages Copyright (c) 2011 by Ed Augusts